Friday, December 18, 2009

Four For Friday!

1. With the many challenges people experience during the holiday season, The Salvation Army in Spokane, Washington, has decided to give the red kettles an additional role: collecting prayer requests from people in the community. Would you place a prayer request into a Salvation Army kettle, and if so, would you feel compelled to make a donation while doing so?

  • Yes I think I would put a prayer request in The Salvation Army's red kettles. Its pretty cool that there is an organization out that that is so popular around the nation that is attempting to continue to keep Christ the center of the things they do. The more people out there praying for the needs of the people in this country, the better! I think its a wonderful idea. I probably would feel compelled to make a donation if I put a request in the kettle, but honestly I don't ever carry cash, so I would be scrounging around trying to find something to put in.

2. Katie Couric anchors the CBS Evening News; Brian Williams anchors the NBC Nightly News; and now, Diane Sawyer will be anchoring ABC's World News Tonight. What role does a national or local news anchor's personality play in your decision to watch a particular news channel or show?

  • The news anchors personality plays a huge part in my decision to watch a particular news channel or show. Growing up in a small town that has a pretty impressive news, when there was a new anchor it would take two or three weeks to adjust to their style of delivering the news. When I got older and moved to a bigger city, I litterally felt like I had to "shop around" for a news station to watch since there were so many options. I had to find the group of anchors that got on my nerves the least. Even when it comes to nighttime news, or latenight shows, there is a choice of who I feel delivers the information to me the best. Picky? Maybe.

3. Tiger Woods says he's taking "an indefinite break" from professional golf because of, well, you know. If you could choose one other athlete, politician, or public figure to take a similar indefinite break, who would you like to see on that list?

  • This is a funny question. I feel like its asking me, "If you had the chance to off anyone, who would it be." Poor people. On a similar track of the previous question, I think I'm going to have to say Nancy Grace. Could there be a more annoying show? I mean, if someone is watching it, I will sit there and listen to whatever she has to say. But the more I watch, the more I feel my blood presure rise. She is nosy. She is rude. And I wonder how she would feel if someone dug around into every detail of the worst times of her life. For goodness sake, give it up woman!

4. According to a leading research and advisory firm, spending on restaurant, retailer, and other gift cards will fall slightly in 2009, from $91 billion to $87 billion, of which nearly 6% (some $5.75 billion) will go unused by card recipients. When you receive a gift card, do you tend to use it once for a purchase in an amount less than the card's total value and never use the card again, or do you use the card to the fullest extent possible?

  • Its money! Of course I try to use it to the full extent. Now, I may have a purchase that is worth less than the value of the card, but I keep it on me. Even though I may not remember to pull it out and use it for my very next purchase at that store, I know its there and will use it evenutally. Even if it takes me a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment