Saturday, July 24, 2010

For those of you that don't know, it has been three months, four days, and approximately two hours since I have walked on my own two feet. People I see in the store say, "You are on crutches, again?" AGAIN?!?! No. A simple moment of clumsiness seems to be dragging on forever. My summer has been hardly enjoyable because it takes so much energy to get in and out of the house on a normal day, much less for anything else. Also in this time, I have moved and gotten a dog. Exciting and fun transitions, but certainly difficult ones with an injury such as mine.

I say all of this though to announce the genuine excitement that it will be over four short days from now. In for days Dr. Norman will take this cast off for good. If it seems that she plans to do anything else, she will see nothing but my back WALKING out the door. Tomorrow starts my three favorite days of the week, so they will go by fast. Sunday morning I will crutch into church with confidence knowing it is the last time I will have to do so. Monday hanging out with my roommates we will be able to actually look forward to the next time we get to do this. Finally Tuesday, my Bible Study group will be able to take comfort in the fact that next week, I can get up and get myself something to drink. These moments will not pass with grief, but joy. The time is coming so soon!

Disclaimer: My friends and church family have been wonderful through this. Literally, I would not have been able to do anything without them . It would have been miserable instead of just an annoyance. Moving would have certainly not even been possible. They are wonderful, and I am more thankful for them than you can ever imagine.

You have to understand the excitement over my impending independence.

1 comment:

  1. wow! that does sound miserable! congratulations on your impending freedom--but don't do any crazy cartwheels that may get it hurt again ;)

    ReplyDelete